[LV2] [Rust] Anybody interested in Rust?

Stefan Riha hoitaus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 04:45:55 PST 2016

Yes I'm a beginner writing an LV2 audio plugin in Rust, and as a "side
effect" I wrote an LV2 interface. Someone on GitHub suggested that it was
not idiomatic Rust. I think what I initially did was re-implementing the
basic functions/types of the LV2 spec in Rust, but (and that's the problem)
using mostly its C compatibility features. Rust has a lots of those, to
enable use of existing C libraries, which is one of its main strength if i
understand correctly. Also a necessity for the language to gain serious
traction.

That actually worked for me, I'm mostly interested in working on my
extremely sophisticated sawtooth synth (note the sarcasm, as I said I'm
hobbyist/beginner) instead of providing an LV2 interface in Rust.

However, from a larger perspective of someone trying to learn proper
programming in Rust, getting the LV2 part right would be the right thing to
do, so hence the question on SO and here.

I prefixed the reply subject with [Rust].

Thanks, Stefan