[LV2] Killing the event extension

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Tue Jan 28 15:57:32 PST 2014

On 14-01-28 04:38 PM, hermann meyer wrote:
[...]
>> There comes a point when letting a few straggler projects cripple LV2
>> itself
>> is counter-productive.  That point is rapidly approaching.  It doesn't
>> take a
>> decade to move a few plugins to a slightly different event API.
>>
> I would love if we talk about hosts implement the basic features, like
> the work extension, but I'm not aware that there is a concurrent way of
> implement the  event extension.

I don't understand what you are getting at.  What does the work
extension have to do with anything?

There is, at this point, no point in plugins implementing both (which
indeed, you can't easily do).  That's the point of this thread.  Just
switch.

> However, now big deal. As I said, I'll just remove the midi extension of
> gxtuner.lv2 and be done.

Why?  Removing it is probably just as much work as updating it.  That's
silly.

> But, I guess you know yourself the light of what it means to remove a
> support for a once implemented  feature. Instance access??

... Huh?

--
dr