[LV2] Ui update rate

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Thu May 9 11:42:05 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-07 at 05:02 +0200, hermann meyer wrote:
> Well, I'm happy with a refresh rate around 30Hz even with 20hz I'm okay,
> even when it differ between those rates. But with jalv I get 2hz, and
> that is a way to low for my needs. That fact leads me to the questions I
> come up here with.
[...]

Done.  Updates will happen at at least 25Hz unless the user explicitly
specifies a lower one

http://dev.drobilla.net/changeset/5106

However, note that this only applies to control ports (since those
notifications are generated by Jalv, essentially polling).  For event
ports, everything is sent, so 'rate' is more of a buffer size problem.

This is also currently unrelated to idle callback frequency, which is
always 30Hz.