[LV2] [solved]State example?

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Sat Mar 16 14:24:20 PDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-03-16 at 22:11 +0100, hermann meyer wrote:
[...]
> >> which looks in working preset files like this one:
> >>
> >> <http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gx_amp#GUITARIX#ampeg>
> > If you change that in just the data file and not the manifest you have a
> > broken bundle.  I suspect you have a ton of presets all over the place
> > with conflicting URIs.
>
> Äh, no, I have just started with presets in lv2, so I have just a few
> were I'm experience with.
> To clarify it, this happen with this preset be the only on.

If the URI in the data file does not match the URI in the manifest, then
it won't work, this is how the host discovers presets.  This URI is the
format saved by Ardour, it would not have come from anywhere else.
There is probably one in ~/.lv2/presets/

You seem to be suggesting that you saved a preset with Ardour, and it
has that "double hash" URI in the manifest, but the data file just has
<>?  I can't see how this could possibly be the case, nor can I
reproduce it.

For the time being I suggest you just not save presets with Ardour.  It
is broken, and will be fixed to do what Jalv does.  If you can reproduce
such problems with just Jalv, please explain exactly how.

> > I can't test it because I don't know where this plugin is from.  I just
> > built the most recent Guitarix release, and there is no plugin
> > <http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gx_amp#GUITARIX>

> Indeed, this isn't released, it's just in GIT
> http://sourceforge.net/p/guitarix/git/
>
> git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/guitarix/git guitarix-git

Ah.  With that, the preset you sent works unmodified for me:

$ lv2info http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gx_amp#GUITARIX
[...]
	Presets:
	         ampeg

It shows up in the menu in Jalv and restores successfully.

-dr

P.S. Turns out I lied about lv2info listing them by URI