[LV2] UI class for openGL/pugl ?!

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Sat Mar 16 11:20:55 PDT 2013

On Sat, March 16, 2013 2:00 am, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 03/15/2013 04:30 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, March 15, 2013 1:57 pm, Robin Gareus wrote:
>>> What UI class would I use for openGL in general or
>>> pugl (http://drobilla.net/software/pugl/) in particular?
>>>
>>> http://lv2plug.in/ns/extensions/ui/#UI
>>> only mentions CocoaUI, Gtk3UI, GtkUI, Qt4UI, WindowsUI and X11UI
>>>
>>> Is support for openGL planned in libsuil?
>>>

>> Why not use clutter?
>>

> Because I'm looking for a toolkit with a stable ABI that works cross
> platform and is reasonably lightweight. gtk+ (which clutter uses) is
> not. Neither is QT nor FLTK or NTK.  OpenGL is.

Fair nuff.

Clutter doesn't have any dependency on gtk+ although it is written with
the same API methodology to make it relatively seamless to integrate the
two. You can embed clutter stages into a gtk3 window /widget and  vice
versa but that is a separate lib called clutter-gtk.

Clutter also has support for Cairo drawing too if you want to leverage 2d
and 3d together.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd