[LV2] UI class for openGL/pugl ?!

Bent Bisballe Nyeng deva at aasimon.org
Fri Mar 15 11:24:59 PDT 2013

On 03/15/13 16:00, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 03/15/2013 04:30 AM, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, March 15, 2013 1:57 pm, Robin Gareus wrote:
>>> What UI class would I use for openGL in general or
>>> pugl (http://drobilla.net/software/pugl/) in particular?
>>>
>>> http://lv2plug.in/ns/extensions/ui/#UI
>>> only mentions CocoaUI, Gtk3UI, GtkUI, Qt4UI, WindowsUI and X11UI
>>>
>>> Is support for openGL planned in libsuil?
>>>

>> Why not use clutter?
>>

> Because I'm looking for a toolkit with a stable ABI that works cross
> platform and is reasonably lightweight. gtk+ (which clutter uses) is
> not. Neither is QT nor FLTK or NTK.  OpenGL is.
>
> robin

I am writen a plugin gui 'toolkit' for exactly this purpose. So far I
have a full mouse and keyboard event system working and a 'minimal'
widget set. I works on win32 and x11 so far and has no dependencies
whatsoever (apart from xlib and dgi32).
If you are interested you can check it out:
git clone http://git.drumgizmo.org/drumgizmo.git
the gui code is located in the plugingui folder.

It is by no means stable and currently work-in-progress but I suspect it
will be stable within a couple of months.
Some kind of mac support is panned down the road, but it is probably
more than a year away.

Kind regards
Bent Bisballe Nyeng