[LV2] Request for data: host compatibility page

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Mon Aug 15 14:39:26 PDT 2022

Hello everyone,

It's come up a few times that it's hard to figure out what
functionality is actually supported, particularly for newcomers to LV2.
So, I had a go at making a compatibility matrix page, backed by a
simple data file that links hosts to various things in LV2.

The page is visible here:

https://lv2plug.in/pages/host-compatibility.html

The page is generated so that it can be automatically updated when new
LV2 versions come out with new features / port types / etc.  There is a
link to the source data on it.  To get things started, I've filled it
in for Ardour, Carla, and Jalv.  The vocabulary is mostly ad-hoc for
now, I've tried to make it so that adding or updating host entries is
as simple as possible.

It would be great if other host authors (or anyone, really) could
contribute data for their hosts.  In the long run, maybe this will
evolve into a more detailed compatibility data set, but for now, I
think it would be nice for this page to list all the feature and port
types for every relevant host, to give plugin authors a nice overview
of support.

Please open a merge request, or send patches (or simply data) in
replies to this email.

Thanks,

--
dr