[LV2] Preset categories

Sven Jaehnichen sjaehn at jahnichen.de
Thu Mar 18 00:00:45 PDT 2021

Hi Alex,

good idea.

Me and others use different ways to ship around. All of them are not
that nice. A classic way (e. g., in NoizeMaker) is adding a prefix to
the plugin name. But this way provides only a benefit for small preset
collections and only if the host alphabetically sorts the presets.
Another way: I played around by abusing a lv2:parameter to store
category information in the experimental B.Harvestr but I'm not really
satisfied with this solution. Of course, it doesn't help at all to find
a preset via the host preset selection dialogue.

I support your idea but let's also think about what we should (also) put
in there.

Sven