[LV2] LV2_State_Interface.save() and LV2_Atom_Vector

Sven Jaehnichen sjaehn at jahnichen.de
Sun Oct 25 04:47:12 PDT 2020

Hi,

I'm wondering for a wile if it's possible (and if it makes sense) to
call the state store function with type = LV2_Atom_Vector (or other lv2
container types). I haven't tried it yet. And I haven't seen it in
others lv2 plugin source code yet.

How does the store function get to know the vector child size and type
data as there is no direct way to pass them to the store function. Maybe
the value pointer has to point to vec.body with vec is a LV2_Atom_Vector
(and thus pointing child_size instead of the values) ? And does it work?
For all common LV2 hosts?

Thanks in advance
Sven