[LV2] Feature request: DSP write_function() ?

Filipe Coelho falktx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 06:30:47 PST 2020

On 21/12/20 12:06, Hermann Meyer wrote:
> Using atom ports could be a solver, just, unfortunately the only host
> I found which fully support the patch:Set patch:Get extension is
> Qtractor. All other hosts I tried didn't handle those messages in the
> one or the other way, so that sync between host and plugin provided
> GUI didn't work.

We spoke about this on IRC, but there is at least synthpod that
implements patch extension properly. synthpod itself does not yet have a
stable release though..

I finished mod-host/ui support for lv2 parameters through patch:Set/Get
a few days ago, and now working to finalize Carla (so v2.3 which will be
out in 25 days should support this much better)

This has been a chicken&egg problem. Host support was lacking, so most
plugins just used the old ways. And even the existing plugins were/are
not always correct about this. It is improving, but someone has to make
the jump to kinda force the rest of developers to support it too.
The OMK plugins are a great start, they all use these new APIs -
https://open-music-kontrollers.ch/lv2/