[LV2] Question about LV2 Filesystem Hierarchy Standard

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Wed Feb 6 22:27:35 PST 2019

Am 06.02.19 um 22:55 schrieb Andreas Müller:
> Hi,
>
> checked the email archive / google but did not find helpful - maybe
> this was discussed already.
>
> LV2 Filesystem Hierarchy Standard [1] defines the system-wide install
> location $PREFIX/lib/lv2. Why?
> Background: I play around with 64/32 multilib Openembedded builds for
> my RaspberryPi 3. By default 64bit libs go into /usr/lib64 / 32bit ->
> /usr/lib. Following [1] would mean that 32/64bit  binaries would be
> installed at same place which at least causes trouble installing both
> variants.
> But installing both is exactly what I would like to do to see if there
> are significant differences in performance / memory consumption.
>
> What background am I missing?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Andreas
>
> [1] http://lv2plug.in/pages/filesystem-hierarchy-standard.html

Hi

If you install two versions of a plugin with the same URI you can't
select which one you load. It will just trow you a error. (duplicate
plugin found).

You could install them in different path (just use the ones you mention
above) and then use the environment variable LV2_PATH to point to the
ones you'll try.

This variable will be used by most LV2 hosts (if not all) to scan for
plugins.

regards

hermann