[LV2] Question about LV2 Filesystem Hierarchy Standard

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 13:55:53 PST 2019

Hi,

checked the email archive / google but did not find helpful - maybe
this was discussed already.

LV2 Filesystem Hierarchy Standard [1] defines the system-wide install
location $PREFIX/lib/lv2. Why?
Background: I play around with 64/32 multilib Openembedded builds for
my RaspberryPi 3. By default 64bit libs go into /usr/lib64 / 32bit ->
/usr/lib. Following [1] would mean that 32/64bit  binaries would be
installed at same place which at least causes trouble installing both
variants.
But installing both is exactly what I would like to do to see if there
are significant differences in performance / memory consumption.

What background am I missing?

Thanks in advance

Andreas

[1] http://lv2plug.in/pages/filesystem-hierarchy-standard.html