[LV2] Are there LV2 filters besides equalizers?

Spencer Jackson ssjackson71 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 08:41:10 PDT 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 3:48 AM, Yuri <yuri at rawbw.com> wrote:

> There are several LV2 filters of equalizer category, for example
> http://gareus.org/oss/lv2/fil4, http://eq10q.sourceforge.net/eq/eq10qm.
> They filter in several bands with adjustable frequencies.
>
> However, liner filter can approximate virtually any filter response shape.
>
> Are there any LV2 plugins that implement filters that can approximate any
> given filter response shape?
>

> I don't have any other use than experimentation and curiosity.
>

> Yuri

Sounds like a good use for impulse responses to me if you really want
arbitrary amplitudes. Probably the easiest way to construct an arbitrary
one though (without measuring a real system) would be through scripting
(i.e. gnu octave or there's probably a python library for iffts). That way
isn't especially easy though if you aren't familiar with iffts. Once you
have it going there are several LV2 convolution plugins.

Maybe just a graphical eq would do what you want. Thats the closest thing I
can think of to "draw your own amplitude response." Guitarix and LSP (
http://lsp-plug.in/?page=home) have some, including a 32 band from LSP. TBH
I prefer a parametric eq for most tasks.

_Spencer