[LV2] Usual way for UI to access sample rate

Filipe Coelho falktx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 01:27:38 PDT 2017

On 28.07.2017 10:15, Hermann Meyer wrote:
> Usually all hosts I know do it right.
> Samplerate is given in init.

Only for plugins, not the UI.
Do you know a host which passes the samplerate to the UIs?
(I do it in Carla, but I think I might be doing it the wrong way...)

> You could set the value then on a outputport and read it in the UI.

Seems like a workaround for something that is rather important.
We want separation of DSP and UI objects, so the UI needs to know the
sample rate.
Using an output port means waiting for the value, delaying full UI creation.