[LV2] What is the most bare-bones way to run LV2 plugins?

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Thu Aug 3 21:12:01 PDT 2017

On 08/03/2017 14:53, Johannes Mueller wrote:
> There's lv2ls that comes with lilv. (lilv-utils in kxstudio) for listplugins.
>
> For applyplugin maybe lv2file is an option, never tried it though.
>
> If you want to run a plugin with gui, try jalv.

Thanks, I tried a few of them.

I have another question. I would like to make an audio-plugin system for
one desktop instant messenger application. I would like to be able to
load LV2 plugins, let the user arrange the filter in GUI, and run it.

What is the easiest way to do this?

The requirements are:

1. Loads as a shared library

2. Shows available plugins in GUI.

3. Allows the user to interactively build the chain of filters, or maybe
to just choose one filter.

4. Able to have the persistent state, so that the user can see and
modify the filters at the later time.

5. Has to be very easy to use for everyday just to play with in/out audio.

Does such library exist?

Thanks,

Yuri