[LV2] plea to plugin UI devs

Albert Graef aggraef at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 10:54:54 PDT 2016

Hi Rui,

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 6:24 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc at rncbc.org> wrote:

> big toolkits and c++ are not to blame here. never was, never be.

As I still remember the times when we did all that graphical stuff with
nothing but Xlib and maybe that horrible Athena toolkit (yeah, that's that
lonely libXt.so that's been sitting there in your /usr/lib for years
wondering why noone loves it any more), I'm on your side there. Let's face
it, before the advent of GTK and Qt, the Linux GUI simply looked like sh*t.
:) Even Motif looked like an improvement, and nobody talks about that
anymore either.

> NOW, into the topic at hand:

Wrong thread, Rui. Here we simply enjoy ourselves discussing toolkits and
car analogies. I'm sure that Robin was well aware that this thread would
quickly deteriorate into a flame war when he started it. :)

> maybe i'm just a bummer

LOL. Rui, you always make my day. ;-) But I know that feeling.

Peace!
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af