[LV2] Mapping of OSC to LV2 Atoms

Spencer Jackson ssjackson71 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 16:41:50 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 5:17 PM, David Robillard <d at drobilla.net> wrote:

> How do you propose "/foo tf" be represented as an atom?

As Proposed by Hanspeter:
>LV2_Atom_Object (object.otype=LV2_OSC__Message)
>  key=LV2_OSC__messagePath (value.type=LV2_Atom_String)
>  key=LV2_OSC__messageFormat (value.type=LV2_Atom_String)
>  key=LV2_OSC__messageArguments (value.type=LV2_Atom_Tuple)

LV2_OSC__messagePath = "/foo"
LV2_OSC__messageFormat = "tf"
LV2_OSC__messageArguments would either be an empty tuple or omitted I
suppose.

The idea is more to encapsulate the OSC message rather than just represent
that same data as atoms. If I understand correctly, that is.
_Spencer