[LV2] jalv hacking

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Sun Aug 30 07:27:31 PDT 2015

On Sun, 2015-08-30 at 07:02 +0200, Hermann Meyer wrote:
> Am 29.08.2015 um 23:32 schrieb David Robillard:
> > On Sat, 2015-08-29 at 19:11 +0200, Hanspeter Portner wrote:
> > [...]
> >> Does this workaround work any better?
> >> * 'lilv_state_new_from_world'
> >> * 'lilv_state_to_string'
> >> * 'fwrite'
> >>
> >> 'lilv_state_to_string' does obviously not do any such file linking and
> >> thus cannot handle custom plugin state files.
> > Indeed.  Don't do this.  Aside from not supporting plugins with file
> > state, to make it work as a preset you would have to build the bundle
> > manually yourself anyway, and lilv already has known-good code for that.
> >
> > (I do not understand the motivation anyway, since lilv_state_save does
> > not require a plugin instance)
> >
> As I pointed out earlier, lilv_state_save fails here to save the state
> when it is loaded with
> lilv_state_new_from_world.
>
> It may be path issues or whatever.

It neither knows nor cares where it's loaded from, but the bigger
question is why you are trying in the first place.

> Aside from that, the saved state I'm interested in, shouldn't be a
> preset in long term, it get loaded once and then
> forgotten/deleted/replaced.
> Now I got it to work with lilv_state_to_string, add the missing prefixes
> and replace the uri with a empty <>.

I am so confused.

So... you are loading a preset, only to save that preset again, in a
half-baked broken manner, only to... uh, load that preset from the
half-baked broken copy rather than the original one, then delete the
copy right away?  What's the point?!

--
dr