[LV2] jalv hacking

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Sat Aug 29 22:02:17 PDT 2015

Am 29.08.2015 um 23:32 schrieb David Robillard:
> On Sat, 2015-08-29 at 19:11 +0200, Hanspeter Portner wrote:
> [...]
>> Does this workaround work any better?
>> * 'lilv_state_new_from_world'
>> * 'lilv_state_to_string'
>> * 'fwrite'
>>
>> 'lilv_state_to_string' does obviously not do any such file linking and
>> thus cannot handle custom plugin state files.
> Indeed.  Don't do this.  Aside from not supporting plugins with file
> state, to make it work as a preset you would have to build the bundle
> manually yourself anyway, and lilv already has known-good code for that.
>
> (I do not understand the motivation anyway, since lilv_state_save does
> not require a plugin instance)

As I pointed out earlier, lilv_state_save fails here to save the state
when it is loaded with
lilv_state_new_from_world.

It may be path issues or whatever.

Aside from that, the saved state I'm interested in, shouldn't be a
preset in long term, it get loaded once and then
forgotten/deleted/replaced.
Now I got it to work with lilv_state_to_string, add the missing prefixes
and replace the uri with a empty <>.