[LV2] OT: 32-bit Build on OSX

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Tue Nov 25 23:08:22 PST 2014

On 2014-11-25 23:55, Chris Share wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to develop lv2 plugins to use with Audacity on OSX. Audacity is currently 32-bit only on OSX. By default on OSX waf is building 64-bit lv2 binaries - these obviously won't work with Audacity.
> I realise this question is probably more for the waf list but I was hoping that someone here could help me out :-)
> What options do I need to set to get waf to build 32-bit binaries?
> I've tried setting CFLAGS and CPPFLAGS to -m32 which works for autotools however it doesn't seem to work for waf.

Waf obeys CFLAGS (and CXXFLAGS for C++, note this is different than
CPPFLAGS which is for the preprocessor only), though all the LV2 build
scripts nuke the user flags if you pass --debug.

You can see the commands actually run by building with -v

I don't know what flags you actually need to pass to build 32-bit on OSX.

--
dr