[LV2] Feedback request: new LV2 website

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Tue Nov 25 18:01:33 PST 2014

On 11/26/2014 02:03 AM, David Robillard wrote:

Cool. We're slowly getting somwhere.

[..]

> One thing I can't figure out, if any web ninjas are lurking about: the
> images scale (preserving aspect) to fit the gallery box, but I can't get
> them vertically centered when they are smaller.

We should not do that. All front-page featured images should have the
same size. Prepared manually (collage, crop/clip, ...).

I think the layout should not squeeze the images on the side and instead
feature an image-carousel (with titles) more proimently in the center
use 16:9 aspect. e.g. 640x360px

thoughts?

> It would also be nice if clicking on the active image would take you to
> that image file, or perhaps (fancier) the corresponding site.

Mouse hover stops the carousel. click on the title to follow.

http://www.jssor.com/ - yet the web is full of jquery stuff like this.
just pick one.

ciao,
robin