[LV2] DOAP license URIs

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Mon Mar 3 09:53:31 PST 2014

On Tue, 2014-02-25 at 16:19 +0200, Stefano D'Angelo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> (it seems I'm back)
>
> I'm writing a bunch of virtual analog LV2 plugins for everybody to
> enjoy and got stuck into a minimal yet hairy thing. It seems like DOAP
> [1] does not define license URIs (any more?) and the examples they put
> online [2] use SPDX [3] URIs instead. Should plugin writers use those?
> Should old plugins change?

LV2 itself has been using <http://opensource.org/licenses/isc>.  I
figured this would be stable.

This seems comprehensive, though.  I suppose if DOAP itself has moved
on, use them if you like.  I can't think of anything actually using
these in code other than NASPRO though, so it's not really crucial, but
if there's a clear best choice I guess we should make a recommendation
somewhere.

Ideal for our purposes would be something where the actual content of
the license is easily machine retrievable (e.g. request with Accept:
text/plain gets you plain text license content), but unfortunately this
site doesn't seem to implement that.  Oh well.

--
dr