[LV2] Killing the event extension

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Thu Jan 30 08:43:27 PST 2014

Am 29.01.2014 16:49, schrieb David Robillard:
> Well... deliberately using the deprecated extension*after*  trying the
> new one was a bad decision.  Sorry.

Maybe it helps if you write the DEPRECATED note as well in the header
itself.
But instead the release note reads as followed:

Version 1.10 <http://lv2plug.in/spec/lv2-1.4.0.tar.bz2> (2013-01-13)

      * Fix incorrect return type in lv2_event_get().

> If you're just using MIDI there is not much difference between either,
> the sizes and structs used are just a bit different.  If you had a
> problem, you should have asked, and it would have been
> resolved/clarified.  Lack of communication like this is what makes it
> necessary to put pressure on projects via means like warnings and
> removing support.  I'm not omniscient, I can only use the information
> and tools that are available to move this project forward.

To help me understand your intentions, would you explain me please, what
is the bad with the event extension.

greets
hermann