[LV2] [LAD] LV2: Communicate from the DSP to the UI

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Mon Nov 11 09:20:13 PST 2013

On 13-11-10 02:08 PM, Robin Gareus wrote:
> On 11/10/2013 07:58 PM, David Robillard wrote:
>
> > Maybe a really simple meter would be a better one though.
> That'd be another bad example :)
>
> A meter should just send the display value to the UI, integration,
> fall-off, peak-hold should be done in the DSP thread :)
Of course.  I mean a meter that works in the sensible way, not like a
scope.  It would demonstrate sending a message for visualization
purposes, but the logistics of that part would be very simple.
>> Anyway, no rush with me these days, as usual :)
> I'll work something out and send a patch. Just to be clear: This is
> intended for http://lv2plug.in/repo/trunk/plugins/ and should become
> eg05-XXXXXX.lv2, right?
Awesome.  Yeah, that's the idea.  Examples in the main distribution is a
popular idea, and is the basis on which I plan to build the 'book', so
more here is always good.

Thanks,

--
dr