[LV2] [LAD] LV2: Communicate from the DSP to the UI

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Nov 10 11:08:30 PST 2013

On 11/10/2013 07:58 PM, David Robillard wrote:
>>> Perhaps a good candidate for "official" (i.e. included) example?
>>
>> eg-scope, sure, fine with me; but please give me a few days to add some
>> more comments to the source: elaborate on Atom-msgs and clearly note
>> that the scope display itself is horribly wrong design. It's actually a
>> perfect textbook example of what *not* to do:

[..]
> I meant the generic idea of trucking stuff via messages for
> visualizations, not so much this specific implementation.  For the
> purpose of an LV2 example, though, many of these aren't so important.
> It's more about showing the structure than an actually decent scope.
>
> Maybe a really simple meter would be a better one though.

That'd be another bad example :)

A meter should just send the display value to the UI, integration,
fall-off, peak-hold should be done in the DSP thread :)

> Anyway, no rush with me these days, as usual :)

I'll work something out and send a patch. Just to be clear: This is
intended for http://lv2plug.in/repo/trunk/plugins/ and should become
eg05-XXXXXX.lv2, right?

ciao,
robin