[LV2] Ui update rate

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Thu May 9 13:21:58 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-07 at 00:57 +0100, Harry van Haaren wrote:
> On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 11:49 PM, David Robillard <d at drobilla.net>
> wrote:
>
> > We could simply define a property for that and pass it as an option.
>
> That solves the problem at hand: nice one. -H

I have added a ui:updateRate property for this

http://lv2plug.in/changeset/880

and implemented it in Jalv and Suil

http://dev.drobilla.net/changeset/5107

If you set the UI update rate with the new command line option -r[1],
this will be sent to the plugin and UI as an option.  Suil intercepts
this option to control the rate of the idle handler callback if used.

So, everything should obey the given rate now, and both plugin and UI
know the rate if they need it.

-dr

[1] Thanks, Robin http://dev.drobilla.net/changeset/5108