[LV2] Ui update rate

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Mon May 6 15:49:01 PDT 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-06 at 17:15 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
[...]
> But having an 'estimate' time that is known to both plugin and UI would
> be helpful.
> e.g. the plugin does not need to send meter-level updates at 25Hz if the
> UI is only running at 15Hz. In fact some updates would simply be lost or
> just make the UI work a bit harder (draw twice) with no benefit.

Telling the plugin about an update rate makes sense (though this is not
necessarily directly related to the actual UI update rate, since there
can be all kinds of mechanism in-between, e.g. network)

We could simply define a property for that and pass it as an option.
Easy.  Changing while an instance is running seems overthought, though
one could use the dynamic option interface to do so if really necessary.