[LV2] [solved]State example?

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Sat Mar 16 13:51:59 PDT 2013

On Sat, 2013-03-16 at 21:37 +0100, hermann meyer wrote:
> Am 16.03.2013 21:22, schrieb David Robillard:

> >> Well, I comes to the same conclusion, but I have nothing others changed,
> >> then include it into the plug header and include it to my ttl file. Now
> >> preset saving in ardour works.
> > It must be a coincidence that it happened to work.  Including headers
> > and defining prefixes can not possibly affect behaviour like this.
> >
> >> For the record, ardour didn't save presets in bundles, it use a single
> >> mainfest.ttl file for all presets from all plugs. It just save then the
> >> presetname.ttl file in ./lv2/presets
> > Yes, I just looked in to this.  Ardour is not saving presets in such a
> > great way.
> >
> > It might be a nice idea to make a global configuration file for lilv so
> > the user can configure where to save prefixes, maybe with a path and URI
> > template or something...
> >
> >> Attached is a saved preset from jalv with the missing rdf:label
> > Hm?  It has an rdfs:label...
> >
> > -dr
> >
> well, the problem seems to be line 9
>
> <>

It looks correct.  The URI in the manifest matches the URI in the file (<> is equal to the URI of the current file).

> which looks in working preset files like this one:
>
> <http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gx_amp#GUITARIX#ampeg>

If you change that in just the data file and not the manifest you have a
broken bundle.  I suspect you have a ton of presets all over the place
with conflicting URIs.

Ardour definitely should not be inventing preset URIs as sub-URIs of the
plugin's like this.  I don't know who did that but it needs to be fixed.

> ardour, qtractor and as well jalv claims here, that there is a missing
> rdfs:label
> when there is only
> <>
>
> and refuse to load/present the preset.
> fill the line fix it for me here.

I don't think you are loading the preset you think you are loading.
This preset should work fine, its URI will be something like
file:///home/username/.lv2/ampeg.lv2/ampeg.ttl (depending on where you
put it, of course)

I can't test it because I don't know where this plugin is from.  I just
built the most recent Guitarix release, and there is no plugin
<http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gx_amp#GUITARIX>, I get these:

$ lv2ls | grep guitarix
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxamp#12AT7
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxamp#12AT7_stereo
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxamp#12ax7
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxamp#12ax7_stereo
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxamp#6C16
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxamp#6C16_stereo
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxamp#6DJ8
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxamp#6DJ8_stereo
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxamp#6V6
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxamp#6V6_stereo
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxautowah#autowah
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxautowah#wah
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxbooster#booster
http://guitarix.sourceforge.net/plugins/gxts9#ts9sim

In any case, use lv2info on the plugin, it will tell you what presets
apply to it by URI (i.e. unambiguously, unlike the label shown in the
above mentioned GUIs)