[LV2] Powered By Ingen

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Sun Jun 30 11:59:23 PDT 2013

On Sun, 2013-06-30 at 02:04 -0500, Michael Fisher wrote:
[...]
> Now that I've have a better understanding, I agree though... writing the
> necessary plugins and how those belong in a graph environment should be
> first.  And would be useful elsewhere while doing so (potentially)

Right, if another appropriate environment comes along, but even if not,
at least we know the LV2 API is powerful enough to do such things.

> What would you say for audio/event capture.  Should this also be done
> with plugin(s)?  I suppose such a plugin would using Make Path.

Capture plugins should be doable, I can't think of any issues, should be
relatively straightforward.  Saving with the state extension is indeed
how the file stuff should work.

Control wise you'd have to define a record event and so on, standard
versions of these would be nice, but that's polish.

Of course, Ingen needs to support the state extension for plugins for
this to work :)  Currently this is lacking because state saving is
client side, moving it to the engine raises some tricky issues, but
should be doable.  Given the incentive I should be able to get that done
quickly.

Cheers,