[LV2] Thoughts of a lazy developer: Audio vs CV

Aurélien Leblond blablack at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 13:41:17 PDT 2013

While playing with the avw.lv2 plugins, I noticed something annoying:
- I have a VCO that outputs audio, but now need the exact same one that
outputs CV
- same with a VCA that inputs/outputs audio, but realise that I need the
same plugin but with CV

Now it's not much of a problem, I copy/paste the code, create a new plugin
and change the ttl but this makes me wonder:

- should I be changing something more? In the case of the VCA, the code is
exactly the same, only the ttl is slightly different (change of
input/output port type). Is there something I'm forgetting?

- if not, is there a better way to do this instead of simply duplicating
the code?

- finally, should there really be 2 plugins if the way they work is the
same, they are doing exactly the same thing, just the port type is
different?

Thanks in advance for any comments/feedback

Aurélien