[LV2] Sending a port event from worker response - ingen problem

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Wed Jan 16 15:15:06 PST 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-15 at 14:13 +0000, Joe Button wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I'm having trouble getting my plugin to send a notification from its
> worker response function to its UI. It seems to work in jalv.gtk and
> ardour, but not in ingen. This could be ingen's fault, but is more
> likely to be mine as I'm dabbling in forces I don't really understand.
>
> The response function is here:
> https://github.com/Joeboy/joeboy-lv2-plugins/blob/dev/fluidsynth/fluidsynth.c#L330
>
> It writes an atom structure created by the worker to an atom forge which
> is connected to the UI notification port.
>
> In jalv.gtk and ardour, the full atom structure is received at the UI's
> notification port. However ingen seems to get a structure with the
> preset_list vector missing. ie. this:
> https://github.com/Joeboy/joeboy-lv2-plugins/blob/dev/fluidsynth/fluidsynth_ui.c#L194
> exits with "No preset list found".
>
> Any hints?

Ingen has a much more complicated path for these events to travel than
either Jalv or Ardour, so it's not unlikely it's just an Ingen bug.  I
will look in to it.

Jalv -d will print in human readable text (Turtle) all the
communication, which is often useful to see what the serialisation stuff
is doing with your messages.