[LV2] Worker extension

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Fri Mar 23 11:23:32 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 19:16 +0100, Stefan Kersten wrote:
> On 3/23/12 6:20 PM, David Robillard wrote:
[...]
> > It would be problematic to have a dramatically long-running anything in
> > the worker since this could block other plugins as well.  We probably
> > need some rules for this.
>
> in some cases it's acceptable to wait (e.g. when loading a file), in
> other cases it's not (e.g. when streaming data from disk).

Perhaps this interface, being request driven, is not appropriate for
streaming anyway.  I am not sure.  It would probably have to be
attempted to really know.

Such an example is quite a bit of work, though.  Probably best to just
describe things such that another worker context is possible, but not
try to predict which ones might be needed.  We can cross that bridge
when someone actually gets there.