[Devel] Feature request: error/debug message extension.

Bent Bisballe Nyeng deva at aasimon.org
Thu Jan 12 07:53:10 PST 2012

Hi

I have a suggestion for a new LV2 extension.

Many DAWs have some sort of terminal, showing status of session load as
weel as errors.
I suggest a LV2 extension giveing acces to this terminal (if present) in
order to show error or debug messages to the user.
The extension could be a simple function pointer to a function of the
type 'void print_message(const char* message)'.

Currently I use the xterm for debug output, but when my DAW (ardour) is
not run from commandline these messages disappear into the void.

Regards
Bent Bisballe Nyeng