[Devel] Go language using URI-based includes

Jeremy Salwen jeremysalwen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 01:26:32 PST 2012

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 9:36 PM, David Robillard <d at drobilla.net> wrote:

> Perhaps worthy of note (lest anyone think I've hit drank a bit too much
> of the semantic web kool-aid), the Go language is using URI-based import
> paths very similar to LV2:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!
> topic/golang-nuts/tLsxO2S4yoQ
>
> -dr

This seems to be a different sort of URI importing.  In this case it seems
like the URI must be a URL, and is used for the actual automated
downloading of the package, rather than as just an identifier.

>From my understanding, you can use *any* unique URI to identify pretty much
anything in LV2.
For these go packages, these URIs must point directly to a location from
which you can download sources in a read-to-build format.

Jeremy