[Devel] Thoughts on lv2-universe-YYYYMMDD.tar.bz2

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Sat Feb 11 10:53:00 PST 2012

On Sat, 2012-02-11 at 14:18 +0100, Brendan Jones wrote:
[...]
> I've been thinking about what this means to packaging the LV2 spec in
> general. After some thought I believe Fedora would end up packaging each
> separately in any case, unless all of the spec extensions were versioned
> the same as lv2core, but that would not happen right?

Right, the actual versions have strong meanings and would remain the
same.

Why would Fedora still package them individually?  (Debian actually does
it all in one despite them being released individually)

Would releasing in one tarball make this difficult?  Would each
sub-project having its own build system still be necessary, or would a
single top-level one do?

Thanks,