[LV2] Programming LV2 plugin from scratch tutorial video series

Sven Jaehnichen sjaehn at jahnichen.de
Sun Oct 10 04:58:57 PDT 2021

Hi,

I started with a programming tutorial series about making LV2 plugins.
Really from scratch. Dedicated for beginners.

I read in chats from so many hobbyist and bedroom producers that that
they want to make LV2 plugins but they don't have any idea how to start.
The most of them have got some basic programming experience. With Java,
Python, Javascript, or maybe some basic C/C++. I want to take them by my
hand and want to guide them to make some LV2 plugins. Step by step. I'm
also going to explain technical aspects. The turtle language, how LV2
plugins work, what is realtime, and so on.

The first videos are online:

https://youtu.be/51eHCA4oCEI

Two more are already pre-produced, and will follow within the next weeks.

In addition, there's a great resource by David called LV2 book
https://lv2plug.in/book/ which helped me to start just a few years ago.

Please give me some feedback. And I'm open for any suggestion.

Regards,
Sven