[LV2] [LAD] Feature request: icons

Alexandros Theodotou alex at zrythm.org
Mon Mar 15 13:54:16 PDT 2021

> And don't forget. It only makes sense if the hosts will provide this
> feature. Host developers, what do you think about it?

I think having icons for plugins is a great idea and I would definitely
add this feature to Zrythm. They can not only be used in plugin lists
to make finding the plugins easier, but also as the icons for plugin
windows.

Re: icon sizes I think having something loosely based on the
freedesktop icon theme standard would be good.
E.g., 16x16/logo.png 32x32/logo.png scalable/logo.svg somewhere in the
plugin bundle and let the host decide what to use.

Regarding the RDF semantics of this though (like where the icon path
should be in a bundle and how to specify it, or if it would be some
hardcoded path) I'm not sure what would be best.

Alex