[LV2] [LAD] Feature request: icons

Christopher Arndt chris at chrisarndt.de
Mon Mar 15 09:00:42 PDT 2021

Am 15.03.21 um 15:22 schrieb Sven Jaehnichen:
> It would be nice to have a property like lv2:icon <logo.png> or
> something like this. But what about to provide an icon in different
> sizes / resolutions? Any ideas? Any (other) solutions?
I think only the icon name should be provided. The host should select
the appropriate size (based on stuff only the host can know, like
display dpi ad the context in which to display the icon (list, tooolbar,
menu, button) etc.) and the actual icon file using some
platform-specific technique, e.g. the freedesktop icon theme spec. The
plugin bundle dir (or a subdir) could be added to the icon file search
path as the first element.

Chris