[LV2] RFP: LV2 plugin to read MIDI notes and send DMX

Cyrus Adkisson lv2list at mailcyr.us
Sat Mar 21 14:28:26 PDT 2020

Hi.

I'm intersted in hiring someone, on a contract basis, to build an LV2 plugin that will sit in the MIDI track of a host and turn the MIDI note on/off and velocity signals to DMX512 signals.

In this system, all of the hardware is known beforehand, although detecting different DMX512 adapters would be nice.

In the host, Ardour, the user should be able to paste in a JSON map of notes to DMX512 targets and values.

The plugin can assume there are no overlapping notes. Each fixture will only be expected to perform one action at a time.

The ability to trigger a series of signals (e.g. fade to black) would be nice, but is not 100% required.

Please let me know if you're interested or have other thoughts about how to approach this. My method may not be optimal.

Thanks!

Cyrus