[LV2] Feature request: DSP write_function() ?

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Wed Dec 23 10:21:55 PST 2020

Am 23.12.20 um 18:02 schrieb Hanspeter Portner:
> Please open an issue on gitlab/github, this is the wrong place for that, imho.

Don't get me wrong please, I'm not writing here about a special host
have special issues. My concern is, that, all hosts have issues with
patch:Set/Get. Only Qtractor is a exception here.

For me, and I speak here as a plugin developer, it makes no sense to
open issues on any host I tried, discus the issue with any one
individual, while any host developers been members of this list.

It would be nice when we could find a agreement for how to implement
this feature in general, so that plugins and hosts could use it.

While it is no problem for a plugin to use it's own atom ports, and
bypass the host UI, I believe it will be more useful when the host is
able to provide a internal UI and therewith automation features. My
interpretation of the patch:Set feature is exactly that.

It may absolutely be that I do things wrong in my interpretation of the
interface, surly it will contain misinterpretation in the
implementation, but still, without a agreement about how to implement it
it will be useless (in a community view) anyway.

So, sorry, I believe this is the right place to solve that.

regards

hermann