[LV2] Feature request: DSP write_function() ?

Hermann Meyer brummer- at web.de
Mon Dec 21 12:11:15 PST 2020

Am 21.12.20 um 20:44 schrieb Hanspeter Portner:
> On 21.12.20 19:43, Hermann Meyer wrote> Synthpod have it own issues as
> well, so for example it create controls
>> for patch:writable and patch:readable separately (Means it double
>> controls and only sync the readable ones to the plugin GUi, while you
>> could only change the writable ones, which are basically the same, but
>> threaded different). This do as well not allow to sync the plugin GUI
>> with host provided UI, and easily lead to a overflow in the atom ring
>> buffer.
>
> Can you show your *.ttl, please?

you know it:
https://github.com/brummer10/Fluida.lv2/blob/master/Fluida/Fluida.ttl
> I think you've misinterpreted something there. An lv2:Parameter either
> is patch:writable (read-write) OR patch:readable (read-only), but not
> both, if I'm not totally mistaken, that is.
>
> If you list the same parameter both as patch:writable AND patch:readable,
> then indeed synthpod may show two generic UI elements with only one being
> active.

See https://github.com/lv2/lv2/blob/master/plugins/eg-params.lv2/params.ttl

plug:spring ;

It stated that parameters which may be changed internal by the plugin
must be listed as patch:readable

and, if they may be changed by the user they must be listed as well as
patch:writable

btw. that is needed for the MOD to make parameter sync work, for
Qtractor it doesn't matter, it works with and without it, for Synthpod
it leads to the behave described above, for Ardour it leads to a couple
of error messages, Carla ignore it at all.

But even if I mark those ports only as patch:writable. synthpod wouldn't
sync the port values between plugin GUI and host provided UI.