[LV2] MIDI: NOTE OFF on or just before deactivate() or cleanup()

Sven Jaehnichen sjaehn at jahnichen.de
Sat Nov 23 00:58:27 PST 2019

Hi,

I observed, that my (and others) lv2 midi plugins do not stop
plugin-generated midi NOTE ON signals after closing the plugin. I
thought about it but I didn't find a way to do this. Feeding the
respective atom output port with LV2_MIDI_MSG_NOTE_OFF in deactivate()
would be too late and without effect (if allowed anyway?). And even
later in cleanup, it doesn't make any sense.

Is there any way to send a MIDI NOTE OFF if the plugin is deactivated or
just before?

Best regards
Sven