[LV2] [PR] fix-lv2-validate

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Wed Mar 27 11:59:20 PDT 2019

On Tue, 2019-03-26 at 09:45 +0100, Hanspeter Portner wrote:
> Am 25.03.19 um 20:13 schrieb David Robillard:
> > On Sun, 2019-02-24 at 10:34 +0100, Hanspeter Portner wrote:
> > > Hi list
> > >
> > > Since LV2 1.16.0 lv2_validate does not work anymore here.
> > > /usr/lib/lv2/lv2core.lv2 does not anymore exist on my system.
> >
> > This change was probably a mistake, I broke a bunch of stuff in the
> > documentation in the process, too, but... well, it's done
> > now.  Oops.
> >
> > I should add something in the build system that runs this so it
> > can't
> > rot like this in the future.
> >
> > > There were also some errors about xsd:float/decimal mismatches.
> >
> > Still not sure about these, it should work for written plugin files
> > since it's annoying to explicitly write the types like that, but...
> > it's tricky.  The types aren't actually "compatible" and you need
> > specific code to deal with this situation... I'll have a think
> > about it
> > and merge this in some form.
>
> How about excluding the example plugin's metadata from lv2_validate
> and
> instead test it as part of a unit test ?

Nah, it should work somehow, or be changed.  Validating plugin data is
99% of the point of the tool.

I just need to think a bit about how.  Maybe "things being pretty in
Turtle" is not a good reason to make things fuzzy and screwed up like
this, but I'm not sure.

The new validator in serd1 is dramatically more friendly, at least, so
I'll make sure all of this stitches together nicely before kicking that
out.

--
dr