[LV2] LV2 atom:Sequence question

Dan H madautodev at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 04:14:48 PST 2018

Hi all

I can't find much in the way of 'midi in-midi-out' examples to follow, so
hope someone here can help.
Let's say I have an LV2 plugin with an in-port buffer of type atom:Sequence
supporting midi:Event and time:Position, and I have an out-port buffer also
of type atom:Sequence. In the context of run(), I receive an incoming midi
event at frame# 96000 and I want to delay the output of that event by n
frames. Is there an 'LV2' way to queue events and manage the timing and
order of atoms in a sequence already implemented in the API? or do I need
to find a way to do in c code ... eg; waiting for nframes to arrive before
forging the event atom?
I have tried simply using: lv2_atom_forge_frame_time(&self->forge,
ev->time.frames + n) when forging the event, but that does not produce the
desired result.

Regards, D