[LV2] Lost due to no documentation on writing LV2 hosts

Juan Linietsky reduzio at gmail.com
Sat May 26 12:50:13 PDT 2018

Been giving this a try again, thanks for the effort, but documentation is
still so bad. I'm using lilv and here are some problems I have:

- I notice that a lot of plugins are stereo and mono. I remember from the
LV1 days, that if you found a mono plugin, it was enough to just instance
it twice. Here, not all mono plugins have a stereo version and many times
there is no effective way to tell (if my host is stereo) how to ignore the
mono version of the plugin in the listing.

- When instantiating a plugin from the host, the host is supposed to pass
an array of LV2 features. Those are not defined anywhere, or documented so
I will happily assume that I'm not going to pass anything and everything is
going to work great, am I right?

Thanks