[LV2] LV2 Plugin Documentation

Mark McCurry mark.d.mccurry at gmail.com
Mon May 21 08:05:24 PDT 2018

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 10:57 AM, David Robillard <d at drobilla.net> wrote:
>>  and I've done exactly
>> what you're describing when making one set of docs for rtosc.
>> What you're looking for is tagged include directives:
>>
>> https://asciidoctor.org/docs/user-manual/#include-directive
>>
>> These "insert snippets of source code (so your examples are kept
>> up-to-date with the latest source files),"
>
> This would work, but specifying line ranges would be ultra fragile and
> break constantly.  That's more than bad enough of a long term problem
> to justify a custom preprocessor for this if we really need one, IMO.

There are multiple options for includes within asciidoc.
The one I've relied upon in the past uses tags to mark the start/end
of a snippet within the source via comments (in the style of your example).
That approach does not depend upon line number and would not be fragile:

https://asciidoctor.org/docs/user-manual/#by-tagged-regions

--Mark