[LV2] Qt5 plugin UIs and libsuil

David Robillard d at drobilla.net
Wed Mar 8 00:45:44 PST 2017

On Tue, 2017-03-07 at 17:26 +0100, Filipe Coelho wrote:
> On a side note, I wonder if all this embedding will only work on
> X11...
> At some point we need to see how to handle Wayland and/or Mir.

I haven't figured this one out yet.  Wayland has some shiny properties,
but unfortunately, the API is ridiculously cumbersome and tedious to
work with IMO...

Then when you do get something "working", you have no window deco or a
bunch of other required things and have to do a bunch more work to get
something actually usable.  Sigh.

As for suil, we need to first figure out how basic unwrapped LV2 UIs
should work on wayland (what's the "widget" type and so on) before
wrapping matters anyway.

--
dr