[LV2] Request for info

Hanspeter Portner ventosus at airpost.net
Fri Mar 3 00:03:41 PST 2017

On 03.03.2017 08:10, Pavanashree K (RBEI/ECF3) wrote:
> Can you please tell me, what and all the sample formats supported in LV2?
> Like S16_LE, FLOAT64_LE etc.
> Or is it the void pointer ??

LV2 uses float32 for audio samples and controls.

As you seem to want to write an LV2 host, as it says on [1], have a look
at lv2apply [2] and Jalv [3], they are THE reference implementations of
an LV2 host. That should get you going.

[1] http://lv2plug.in/pages/developing.html
[2] http://git.drobilla.net/cgit.cgi/lilv.git/tree/utils/lv2apply.c
[3] http://drobilla.net/software/jalv

That's not enough. You need to discover number of audio/control ports
and required features/extensions first, e.g. with lilv library.

> Because, as of know, I am not writing the plugins.
> My team is only interested in invoking it.

I'd propose to first write (or at least study the code of) a working
plugin to get to know LV2 before writing a host...