[LV2] Usual way for UI to access sample rate

Hanspeter Portner dev at open-music-kontrollers.ch
Fri Jul 28 03:08:47 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017, at 01:27 AM, Filipe Coelho wrote:
> On 28.07.2017 10:15, Hermann Meyer wrote:
> > Usually all hosts I know do it right.
> > Samplerate is given in init.
>
> Only for plugins, not the UI.
> Do you know a host which passes the samplerate to the UIs?
> (I do it in Carla, but I think I might be doing it the wrong way...)

This should be done via the options extensions. The corresponding
parameter is [1].

[1] http://lv2plug.in/ns/ext/parameters/parameters.html#sampleRate

The value in the UI can then be read via the options feature like in
[2].

[2]
https://gitlab.com/OpenMusicKontrollers/synthpod/blob/master/plugins/synthpod_common_nk.c#L6144