[LV2] Qt5 plugin UIs and libsuil

Filipe Coelho falktx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 04:57:49 PST 2017

On 23.02.2017 13:35, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>     Hi!
>
> My SpectMorph LV2 plugin uses Qt5 for its UI. Ardour (and maybe other hosts)
> uses libsuil, but since libsuil doesn't support embedding Qt5 widgets, the
> plugin UI won't work. This is not only the case for SpectMorph, other Qt based
> plugins like synthv1 can also be compiled against Qt5.

Hello there.
Just a few days ago I took my chances on this too.
See
https://github.com/falkTX/suil/commit/6123337a316d95b9fe70037c738e0840fb707ccb

This requires no custom qt5 code, as works with current qt5 right now.
The latest ardour nightly builds include this patch.

My implementation uses a hack to put the qt5 widget in its proper place
(needed just for menus and tooltips afaik).
Does your implementation work for synthv1 menus after you move the host
window around?